Mommy & Me Montessori
- Have fun with your infant or toddler, in a relaxing space designed for the youngest children.
- Benefit from the expert guidance of an experienced Montessori infant, toddler or preschool teacher.
- Meet other parents of infants or toddlers, and enjoy lively discussions.
- Decide whether a Montessori infant, toddler or preschool program is right for your family.
"I am a huge advocate of Montessori Parent-Toddler Programs. I loved the first program I attended with Caspar many years ago. There is only so much Montessori you can learn online and in books. Getting a first hand experience is invaluable. If you have a toddler and are even just slightly the littlest bit interested in Montessori I encourage you to check out a program near you." Click here to read more. Kylie, Montessori blogger
Mommy & Me for Infants (2 – 17 months)
- Develop your parenting tool kit:
So much happens in the first 18 months of your child’s life . . . most of it exciting, but sometimes also very challenging. Learning how to apply Montessori principles at home can help you make the most of this precious time. Weekly topics such as nutrition, home environment, movement, order, independence and language acquisition will offer you moments of clarity in parenting your little one. Take home practical tips and ideas for living Montessori in your home to make parenting your infant even more rewarding.
- Explore Montessori infancy:
Mommy and Me is “Montessori in a nutshell.” You and your child will get to experience an authentic Montessori environment, observe and learn from an experienced Montessori teacher. You will be with your child as she explores Montessori materials, joins circle time and participates in infant massage. Parents learn a great deal about child development to be used at home while making new friends in a “mom’s group” atmosphere.
Mommy & Me for Toddlers (18 – 36 months)
- Develop your parenting tool kit:
The time from 18 months to 36 months is exciting, as children change from helpless infants to independent little people with their very own personality! Learning how to apply Montessori principles at home can help you make the most of this precious time. Weekly topics such as fostering independence, discipline, language acquisition and preparing the home environment for your young explorer, will give you new insights into how you can optimally support your child’s development. Each week, take home practical tips you can use right away!
- Explore Montessori for toddlers:
Mommy and Me is “Montessori in a nutshell.” You and your child will get to experience an authentic Montessori Toddler environment, observe and learn from an experienced Montessori teacher. You will be with your child as she works with Montessori materials, joins circle time, learns to serve herself snack and plays with other toddlers on the playground. You’ll be able to make friends, find like-minded parents and toddlers for play dates, and learn much about child development.
Mommy & Me General Program Information
- Mommy and Me Montessori groups meet for 8 weeks, 1.5 hours per week
- Mommy and Me sessions start four times each year: January, April, June and September
- Each child that attends Mommy & Me must be accompanied by a parent or caregiver (e.g. nanny, grandparent, etc). Please note that classroom space permits one adult per child. No older/younger siblings, please.
- Mommy and Me sessions are led by an experienced, trained Montessori teacher
Now Enrolling for Spring Mommy & Me Sessions
- Mommy and Me sessions are offered at all six LePort campuses; see the side bar for schedule details.
- Registration is first-come, first-served. Register early – past Mommy and Me sessions have filled up weeks before sessions start.
- Details for future Mommy and Me sessions will be posted approximately 6 weeks prior to each session’s start.
Enrollment Opens in Early June for Summer Mommy & Me Sessions
- Mommy & Me sessions will be offered at all six LePort campuses.
- Summer dates are July 8th – August 24th (this will be a 7-week session)
- Fall dates are September 23rd – November 16th
Mommy and Me was a great opportunity for me to learn more about the Montessori approach. With this program, I got to see how Montessori preschool works in practice, what actually happens in class every day. I knew that once my daughter attended preschool, I wouldn’t be able to be there with her and see what she does every day. It was great to be able to experience the Montessori program together, so I can relate to her world once she starts preschool at LePort this fall.
Gina G., Mommy & Me parent