Going out into the world to concretize what students learn and to enhance motivation
Our different locations offer a wide range of optional after school programs. These programs enable students to further explore an area of interest, and conveniently integrate into our extended care hours. Programs offered range from athletic “boot camp” to creative art, from dance classes for toddlers to chess for junior high students.
At the same time, we recognize that many of our students have intense personal interests that they pursue outside of school—e.g. competitive tennis, professional voice instruction for an opera career, etc. We wholeheartedly support these interests by, for example, making homework manageable, both by limiting it to reasonable amounts and by offering our supervised homework period to enable children to get a head start. Whether in our programs or in other, outside programs, we want our students to explore and enjoy their interests.
Quick Facts About Our After-School Programs
- Programs offered for toddlers, primary, and elementary/junior high
- Programs vary by campus but are available at all locations
- Four ASP sessions per year (only three for elementary/junior high), running between six and thirteen weeks
- Fall (September – December)
- Winter (January – March)
- Spring (April – June)
- Summer (July – August)
- Classes are hosted by LePort teachers and outside trusted vendors
- Classes run for 30 minutes to one hour, right after the end of the academic day; A second session may be offered later in the day if there is strong demand.
- Costs typically range from $12-$25 per class, depending on the region the school is located in, the type of class, session length, materials included, etc.