Parent & Child Program Choices
Infant Mommy & Me (2 – 17 months)
Weekly topics such as home environment, movement, order, sleep patterns, independence and language acquisition will offer you moments of clarity in parenting your little one. You will be with your child as she explores simple Montessori materials and joins circle time. You’ll learn a great deal about child development while making new friends in a “mom’s group” atmosphere.
Toddler Mommy & Me (18 months – 36 months)
Weekly topics such as fostering independence, toilet learning, discipline, language acquisition and preparing the home environment for your active explorer will give you new insights into how you can optimally support your child’s development. You will be with your child as she works with Montessori materials, enjoys arts and crafts, joins circle time, learns to serve herself snack and plays with other toddlers on the playground. You’ll be able to make friends, find like-minded parents and toddlers for play dates, and learn much about child development, Montessori theory and practice.
Intro to Primary Mommy & Me (2 years 9 months to 3 years 6 months)
The Intro to Primary Parent & Child program is an ideal next step as you move toward the preschool age. It’s a great way to try out the Montessori program, to help your child transition, and to learn how to apply Montessori principles at home with an older child. Each week, we’ll explore a specific topic your child would encounter in the Montessori preschool program. We’ll start with self-care skills, such as dressing and independent toileting, then move on to involving your child in food prep and ideas for independence in eating. We’ll show you how to support sensorial exploration, arts, crafts, music and movement for preschoolers. Finally, we’ll introduce you to some Montessori ideas around literacy and early number skills. You’ll be with your child and guide him as he explores, always with the coaching and support of an experienced Montessori instructor. After this class, you’ll be better prepared to both apply Montessori ideas at home, and to help your child transition into our Montessori primary program. And, of course, you’ll be able to make friends and find like-minded parents and preschoolers for play dates.
Parent & Child Program Details
- Mommy & Me groups generally meet once a week for 6-8 weeks, 1 ½ hours per week. Summer sessions run shorter; check the schedule for details.
- Mommy & Me sessions start four times each year: January, May, July and September
- Offered at LePort campuses in the LA South Bay/Palos Verdes area, Huntington Beach, Fountain Valley, Irvine, Carlsbad, Solana Beach and San Francisco.
- Infant programs welcome children who are between 3 and 17 months at the start of the session; Toddler programs welcome children between 18 and 36 months; Intro to Primary programs welcome children between 2 years 6 months and 4 years 6 months at the start of the session.
- Mommy & Me sessions are guided by a consistent, experienced Montessori instructor.
- Each child attends with a parent or caregiver (nannies or grandparents are welcome, too!) Twins & multiples encouraged to attend with an adult responsible for each child.